13 February 2014

The end of 2013 season

Me in action at Smalandskavlen

It has been a few months since my last blog - mostly due to lazy-ness, but I have also moved country and changed job. This is a little catch up about the end of last season.

After missing out on World Champs, I was selected for the World Cup Final in Baden. The middle distance wasn't my best day - I was a bit flat physically, and made some bad route choices ending in 34th position. The sprint (my first in anger for some time!) went much better. A decent performance, and more importantly, no problems with my calf, ending with a 21st place (only 13s from 10th, and 19s from 6th).
I wasn't tracked, but the tracking for the races are here - middle and sprint

Middle results
Sprint results

One week later was 25manna, and I ran the 7th leg for SNO. A couple of runners in the team had some problems, but I ran well and the team finished 9th - a bit down on last year's silver medal. Results.

Next up was the FRA Relay Champs in North Wales. My Mercia team were defending champions, but we were without my usual navigation leg partner Andi Davies. Unfortunately on the day we were no match for Dark Peak, but we ended up 2nd. Results.

My last race for SNO was Smålandskavlen. I was placed in the 2nd team (presumably because it was my last race for SNO...). I ran the 2nd leg, with 4th fastest leg time, and a good performance. Results here. The tracking for the last leg was quite exciting.

No comments: